Subscribe to our mailing list below:
0Items in cart:
Prices: US Dollars
BR do's don'ts
Back Revolution System Use Do’s and Don’ts by Bill Kaiser, inventor Back Rev
- Do use the Back Revolution Stick to prepare (warm-up) your neck, back, hip and hamstring muscles for inversion. It is very important to never stretch a cold muscle.
The Back Revolution Stick is also very beneficial for other activities, both before (warm-up) and after recovery.
- Do the Kellogg Stretch for facet relief. (While standing on the platform reach over and grab the upper handlebars with your abdomen pressing against the main pad and shoulders and head pointing downward. Breath out, lower your shoulders and head downward by relaxing your elbows outward. You will feel a stretch in your lower back, hamstrings, and calves. Do six repetitions. Deep breathing is very important. Do the Kellog Stretch after the Back Revolution Stick warm-up and before you invert for facet relief. Perform all movements slowly.)
- Do invert, stretch, decompress, exercise and revert slowly, accompanied by moderately deep, rhythmic breathing
- Do extensions (arching), flexion (curling), and/or rotational movements slowly with your head during inversion. This may relieve inflexible neck muscles.
- Do pause for 15 seconds or more upon reverting and standing. This is very important before you dismount the Back Revolution and step off the platform.
- Do inversion slowly without any distractions for optimal results.
- Do not invert for more than 10 seconds initially. Learn to relax and breathe correctly. Studies have proven that maximum decompression of the spine is accomplished in a minimum of 70 seconds. Only 1to 3 minutes is recommended after you become fully comfortable with inversion
- Do not invert for more than 3 minutes at a time. More than 3 minutes is counter-productive.
- Do not allow clothing to lessen the full benefits of inversion. Example: Shirts tucked into pants will decrease decompression of the spine during inversion. Belt buckles decrease relaxation during inversion.
- Do not allow your hands or arms to rest on the floor during inversion.
- Do not invert immediately after exercise or eating.
- Do not invert if you have any medical conditions such as high blood pressure, middle ear infection, or eye disorders.
Please consult your physician prior to using the Back Revolution.